The Swiss-Ukrainian Project «Organic Market Development in Ukraine» is funded by the Swiss Confederation through the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and is being implemented by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL (Switzerland) in cooperation with sector stakeholders in Ukraine and the Ministry of Agricultural Policy and Food of Ukraine.
The main goal of the Project is to foster the growth of small and medium enterprises by developing organic and regional food supply chains in Ukraine. The focus is on both national and international markets and the approach is demand driven.
The project objectives are:
(1) increasing the quality and volume of selected organic arable crops for export;
(2) increasing the quality and volume of organic dairy products for the domestic market;
(3) developing a trademark for regional food products from the Carpathians;
(4) improving commercial organic services;
(5) fostering a conducive environment for the further development of the organic sector.
For further information visit www.ukraine.fibl.org